Click here to go to the latest Salute Report – slides from the April 14 meeting with lots of current information for veterans. Go to Salute Report Here
The Los Angeles Veterans Collaborative (LAVC) is a structured network of public, private, and government agencies from across multiple sectors working together to improve the lives of veterans, service members, and military families in Los Angeles County. Our mission is achieved by strategically coordinating and improving veteran access to services. We meet on the 2nd Wednesday of every Month.
April we take the time to recognize Month of the Military Child. Find out new updates regarding the VPAN, learn about our Military and Families Working Group drive thru event on April 24, and welcome back to Nate Graeser, Director of Veteran Initiatives at Southern California Grantmakers.
President Donald J. Trump signed an executive order titled “National Initiative to Empower Veterans and End Veterans Suicide,” which focuses on improving the quality of life for America’s veterans and ending the tragedy of veteran suicide.
The executive order mandates the establishment of the Veteran Wellness, Empowerment and Suicide Prevention Task Force. the task force shall:
• Develop a comprehensive national public health road map outlining the specific strategies needed to lower effectively the rate of veteran suicide, with a focus on community engagement;
• Design and propose to Congress a program for making grants to local communities, which will increase their ability to collaborate with each other, integrate service delivery and coordinate resources to veterans; and
• Develop a national research strategy to improve the coordination, monitoring, benchmarking and execution of research in the field of veteran suicide prevention.
For further information, please contact the Veteran Services Office.
• 799-VETS, www.Vets4VetsPSCO.org.
• Durango VA Outpatient Clinic: 247-2214.
• Farmington VA Center: (505) 326-4383.
• VAMC Albuquerque NM: (800) 465-8262.
• VAMC Albuquerque NM emergency notification: (800) 465-8262, ext. 5739.
Kristofer Goldsmith, a veteran who served on the frontlines in Iraq before smartphones and social media were ubiquitous, has been tracking and combatting trolls and foreign adversaries targeting Vietnam Veterans of America, a congressionally-chartered VSO, since August 2017. He said the work is more important now than it has ever been.