When: Tuesday, April 23, 9:00am to 2:00pm
Where: 2035 North Highland Ave., Los Angeles, CA (Free parking with validation)
Registration required! Register here: http://events.hiringourheroes.org/events/washington-military-hiring-fair/event-summary-f22b2dc8dcdd4cf0adbb52c2681ce176.aspx.
Questions? Contact: Ariel A De Jesus at (202) 861-2700 or emailadejesusATlegion.org
Download a flyer by clicking here:
When: Saturday, April 20, 10:00am to 1:00pm
Where: Dodger Stadium, 1000 Vin Scully Ave. Los Angeles (Free parking @ Dodger Stadium)
Registration required (you must register to attend): www.LACommunityJobFair.com
Click here for flyer
Information Session to be held at Verdugo Job Center in Glendale, CA, April 11, 2019, for positions:
Office Clerks $17.00/hour
Office Operations Supervisors $21.50/hour
Census Field Supervisors $23.50/hour
Recruiting Assistants $23.00/hour
Must be registered on Caljobs at www.caljobs.ca.gov
Must bring your Social Security Card and ID
Click here for information flyer.
Firefighter Career Expo 2019
Sat, March 23, 2019, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
FCTC South El Monte
10316 East Rush Street, South El Monte, CA 91733
by The California Firefighter Joint Apprenticeship Committee (Cal-JAC):
“Firefighter Career Expos are FREE for attendees, families and friends. When reserving tickets, please choose the appropriate option whether you are an expo participant or a guest during the registration process.
“Expo participants will have the opportunity to:
- Meet with fire department recruiters
- Try out the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) *Must be 18 years or older to practice the CPA
- Learn what to expect on the entry-level firefighter Written Test
- Find out about the FCTC Statewide Eligibility List and how to get on it
- Take an up-close look at Fire Apparatus
- Learn more about a typical “Day in the Life of a Firefighter”
- Enjoy refreshments and a free barbeque
“For more information, visit www.cffjac.org or www.fctconline.org.
President Donald J. Trump signed an executive order titled “National Initiative to Empower Veterans and End Veterans Suicide,” which focuses on improving the quality of life for America’s veterans and ending the tragedy of veteran suicide.
The executive order mandates the establishment of the Veteran Wellness, Empowerment and Suicide Prevention Task Force. the task force shall:
• Develop a comprehensive national public health road map outlining the specific strategies needed to lower effectively the rate of veteran suicide, with a focus on community engagement;
• Design and propose to Congress a program for making grants to local communities, which will increase their ability to collaborate with each other, integrate service delivery and coordinate resources to veterans; and
• Develop a national research strategy to improve the coordination, monitoring, benchmarking and execution of research in the field of veteran suicide prevention.
for full article click this link
For further information, please contact the Veteran Services Office.
• 799-VETS, www.Vets4VetsPSCO.org.
• Durango VA Outpatient Clinic: 247-2214.
• Farmington VA Center: (505) 326-4383.
• VAMC Albuquerque NM: (800) 465-8262.
• VAMC Albuquerque NM emergency notification: (800) 465-8262, ext. 5739.
Kristofer Goldsmith, a veteran who served on the frontlines in Iraq before smartphones and social media were ubiquitous, has been tracking and combatting trolls and foreign adversaries targeting Vietnam Veterans of America, a congressionally-chartered VSO, since August 2017. He said the work is more important now than it has ever been.
Link for full story
Information Session on Friday, March 29, 2019, 10:00 AM
Location : 1255 S Central Ave, Glendale, CA 91204
Click here for information flyer
Information sessions are held in the Administration & Career Advancement building: ACA 2502 at LA Valley College. Address: 5800 Fulton Avenue,
Valley Glen, CA 91401
Information Session Dates:
10:00 AM – 1:00 PM – Feb. 27 & March 6, 13, 20, 27, 2019
Class starts in April 2019
Click here for information flyer