President Donald J. Trump signed an executive order titled “National Initiative to Empower Veterans and End Veterans Suicide,” which focuses on improving the quality of life for America’s veterans and ending the tragedy of veteran suicide.
The executive order mandates the establishment of the Veteran Wellness, Empowerment and Suicide Prevention Task Force. the task force shall:
• Develop a comprehensive national public health road map outlining the specific strategies needed to lower effectively the rate of veteran suicide, with a focus on community engagement;
• Design and propose to Congress a program for making grants to local communities, which will increase their ability to collaborate with each other, integrate service delivery and coordinate resources to veterans; and
• Develop a national research strategy to improve the coordination, monitoring, benchmarking and execution of research in the field of veteran suicide prevention.
For further information, please contact the Veteran Services Office.
• 799-VETS, www.Vets4VetsPSCO.org.
• Durango VA Outpatient Clinic: 247-2214.
• Farmington VA Center: (505) 326-4383.
• VAMC Albuquerque NM: (800) 465-8262.
• VAMC Albuquerque NM emergency notification: (800) 465-8262, ext. 5739.